Trusted Legal Guidance For Municipalities And Public Sector Needs
The lawyers at Vinsko & Associates, P.C., have significant experience representing Pennsylvania municipalities in transactional as well as litigation matters.
For more than a decade, our managing principal, William Vinsko, Jr., served as a city attorney for Wilkes-Barre; since 2004, he has been the solicitor for Bear Creek Township, the largest township in Pennsylvania. Bill has also served as solicitor to Ashley Borough and as special counsel to various municipalities throughout the state.
Experienced Pennsylvania Municipal Law Attorneys
Our attorneys are committed to providing cities, townships, counties, boroughs and statutory special districts with the representation necessary to protect their short- and long-term interests. We have significant experience with:
- Pension fund audits — fiscal review
- Title review (municipal property)
- Municipal financing — bond issues
- Right of entry
- Employment discrimination
- Municipal lease agreements
- Tax appeals
- Land use — zoning (appeals)
- Tax anticipation notes (drafting — collection defense — legal opinion letters)
- Tax and revenue anticipation notes (drafting — collection defense — legal opinion letters)
- Municipal contract drafting and negotiations (i.e., cable television — towing)
- Land acquisition
- Budget approval — negotiation — appropriation
- Sunshine law — executive session
- Zoning — code violations
- Sheriff sale purchases — acquisition
- Windmills — windmill projects
- Civil service hiring — testing — procedure
- Insurance protection (general liability — elected officials — errors and omissions)
We have also handled issues involving city pensions, legal investigations, minimum monthly payments (MMO), as well as a host of issues involving windmill leasing, and windmill law and litigation. In addition, we have handled a wide range of municipal litigation matters ranging from use and zoning litigation to municipal tort claims and the defense of police departments and school districts.
Reach Out To Us For Help
Contact us online or by calling 570-550-0815 for legal advice or representation from an established Pennsylvania municipal law attorney. Our municipal law attorneys represent municipalities from throughout the Poconos region, including Wilkes-Barre, Bear Creek and eastern Pennsylvania. Our attorneys are available whenever you need a trusted hand.